The Ultimate Edition of Fallout: New Vegas comes with all of the game’s DLCs, including the Courier’ Stash collection of pre-order DLC packs.
These packs give you an unbalanced start to the game and give you too many items when used alongside one another. By default these DLCs cannot be disabled even if you deselect them in your mod manager of choice or in the game’s launcher. In this guide I will show you my preferred method of disabling these DLCs.
The following will allow you to disable them in your load order, making it possible for you to enable them at a later time or only enable the one of your choice.
- Navigate to your Fallout: New Vegas install directory.
- “[STEAM FOLDER]\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas”
- Enter the “Data” folder.
- Go to your search bar and enter “*.NAM” without the quotations.
- Delete the following files
- Open your preferred load order sorting tool.
- Deselect the Pre-Order packs you wish to disable.
.NAM files are used to tell the game engine to always load the file it shares a name with. It is perfectly safe to disable these as the game will load them if you tell it to in your mod manger or via the game’s launcher.