Note: This guide is accurate as of Software Version 2.21
Razer make some of the most popular gaming accessories and peripherals on the market. I personally own the Orbweaver Chroma which requires the ‘Synapse’ driver software. This software requires an account to set up and an internet connection to back up your settings and profiles.
The software defaults to its ‘Online Mode’ after you install it and if you don’t want it backing up constantly you need to set it to offline mode every time you start your PC.
This guide will show you how to set the default to ‘Offline Mode’ on the Windows version of the software.
- Navigate to the “AppData\Local\” folder for your user account.
- This can be done by entering “%LOCALAPPDATA” into the address bar of Windows Explorer.
- Once here navigate to the ‘Razer\Synapse\Accounts\’ folder.
- Make a copy of the “RazerLoginData.xml” as a backup.
- Open the “RazerLoginData.xml” file with your text editor of choice.
- I recommend Notepad++
- Edit the ‘Mode’ entry from “<Mode>Online</Mode>” to “<Mode>Offline</Mode>”
- Save the file.
- If Synapse is running, restart it. Otherwise start it up.
The software should now start in Offline mode by default.
If this is not the case, restore the backup from step 3 and follow the steps again.
This will prevent the software from updating. If you choose to re-enter Online mode and update the software this may reset the default mode to Online.